Monday, December 23, 2013

TVB Anniversary Awards 2013 - Fashion thoughts



So, I watched the awards presentation as it aired last night, although I already knew the results. I don't have too much to say about the actual results since I haven't watched that many series this year..but the only things I want to mention are:
1. I knew Kristal Tin worked hard and did a great job in BK and all.. but I do wish that one of the awards she got would have been won by Linda. Either one, it doesn't matter, but I just find it unfair that she got two awards and Linda went home empty handed, as she did for years, despite being nominated almost every year.
2. Congratz Eliza Sam, aka princess Heung Heung! :D The only one I was truly really glad about.

Here comes the Fashion thoughts! I have ranked all the artists in pairs, taking in consideration the fact that sometimes both are nice, both are not nice, or sometimes one is nice and one is not so nice :P

The Best:


1. Benjamin Yuen and Mandy Wong
For me, the best two outfits of the night go to Mandy Wong and Benjamin Yuen. Both are simple, but so elegant. I LOVE Mandy's dress. With the jewelries, it is just perfect! She's so beautiful in it. And Benjamin, he's so handsome in his suit. He's not overdoing it, but he's still going original with a blue suit and a pale blue bow tie.

2.Kenneth Ma and Tavia Yeung
Kenneth and Tavia are pretty gorgeous too, and they just match to perfection! I actually prefer Kenneth's suit over Benjamin's one, but I love Mandy's dress way more than Tavia's one, so this is why I ranked them in second :)


3. Eliza Sam and Him Law
Eliza just looks like an angel wiht that dress. I'm not really a big fan of Him's suit, but with Eliza, they're just look so cute together!

4.Ruco Chan and Linda Chung
Did Linda wore black just to follow the trend of the TV Queen fashion??? I feel bad for her :/ Nevertheless, she looks beautiful in  that simple yet elegant one shoulder dress. I love how she did her hair as well :) I thought Ruco's suit was a bit too floral though.. it would have matched Linda even more if it was ..less floral :P

The OK: 

5. Vincent Wong and Nancy Wu
6.Niki Chow and  Bosco Wong
7.Jason Chan and Oceane Zhu
For all the above.. I don't have much to say :P They're all nice, but not my favorite. 


8.Wayne Lai and Myolie Wu
Myolie just loves to stand out, be original, and wear pants, doesn't she? Anyways, I usually don't really like those kinds of outfits, but this time, it suited her well, with her haistyle, earings, makeup and all. 
9.Kristal Tin and Edwin Siu
I would have LOVED Kristal's dress if it didn't have this "hole" in it. That said, she still looks gorgeous in it :) As for Edwin... he's just too pink.. :S




10.Louis Yuen and Sharon Chan
Sharon is beautiful and I love her dress.. but Louis.. HIS HAIR. Didn't suit the event. I know it's not his fault and he probably had to dye it for a show or something.. but he could have at least picked clothes that matches his hair! He's just going to wild with colors; green, yellow, blue. Don't like it.

11. Ben Wong and Elena Kong
Didn't like the hole in Elena's dress either. And about Ben's outfit... if he didn't had the tie, he would have looked he's going to the army or something.

 The Worst: 

12. Oscar Leung and Grace Wong
I feel kinda sorry for Grace Wong for putting her in this "bad outfits" category because she's looking just fine... but Oscar Leung is standing right next to her.. in his dress looking pants. At first, I only saw a picture of the top half of his body and thought he dressed up quite nicely, but when I saw this pic of the entire body.. it was just like no way... 


13. Helena Ma
I know this isn't a couple picture and that Helena wasn't even on the red carpet... but I had comments for her. This picture is for Helena Ma. For all the people next to her, they're fine. Helena Ma, why did she wear  short dress??Yikes.  Even the young artists don't do that... especially when the dress is pop red and attracts attention like that. To be honest.. from far.. I thought it was Wong Cho Lam dressed up as a girl or something, and I'm not even kidding...


14.Kate Tsui and Ron Ng
Worst outfits goes to....Ron Ng and Kate Tsui. Ugh. Kate isn't THAT bad on her own, but with Ron next to her, they look like.. they're going to a Halloween party or something. Especially if you look at that pic from far. Kate's dress just seems so old fashion... I don't know...And her make up doesn't make it any better. As for Ron.. he has sneakers .. and that red checked thing over him. Seriously, what was he thinking?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment