Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Newbies actresses thoughts

I created this post to talk about TVB newcomers I've seen for the past few years (: I feel like they've been heavily promoted recently, and might become the next top TVB FaDans. My "seen her in" only include the series where I remember them in it, because some had cameo roles in popular series, but I never actually noticed.

Christine Kuo (Seen her in Forensic Heroes IIIGhetto Justice II)
Although I heard many negative feedback on Christine Kuo's acting this year, I don't think she was THAT bad, at least in Ghetto Justice II (only series I saw of her.) She was at least nominated this year for most improved actress. I guess it's hard for her since her mother tongue is not Cantonese  Many people also think that her acting was better in her scene with King Kong, where she spoke Mandarin, so I guess it's her acting that's bad, but the fact that she tries to concentrate on her speaking, so she pays less attention to her actual acting.

Eliza Sam (Seen her in Divas in Distress)
She has about the same problem then Christine, but I think she handles it a lot better then her. She seemed a lot more natural when she talks and interacts with others. Her role in Divas in Distress has earned her many fans. She plays a very innocent and naive, but yet cute and funny girl in it, so I think what role she gets has a huge impact on whether the audience likes her or not. I'm a bit surprised though that this was only her 2nd series, but she got a huge supporting role in it. Anyways, I know that she'll be in The Hippocratic Crush II, so I can't wait to see more from her in it (:

Candy Chang (Seen her in The Hippocratic Crush, Divas in Distress)
I really loved Candy after watching The Hippocratic Crush. I even made a blog for her (even if I'm not really active anymore..) But yeah, since she's only 23 right now, I thought she'd have plenty of opportunity in front of her. But since the news about her dealing with drugs and stuff...I heard that she might be taken out of The Hippocratic Crush II :/ Anyone know more about this? Unlike most of the other newbies, even if Candy sis from Canada, she can speak perfect Cantonese as well as English, Mandarin and Japanese. So I guess it's an advantage to her, and also hope that her latest news won't affect her career for the upcoming years (:

JJ Jia (Seen her in L'Escargot, Ghetto Justice II)

I haven't noticed JJ much until this year. I think her role in L'Escargot and in Ghetto Justice II really show us different sides of her, one who's shy & reserved, another one who's really more social and likes to help people. I thought she'd be nominated for most improved actress...but anyways, I'm not a huge fan of her so it doesn't really matter xD Ohh and also, she has a mandarin accent too, while speaking, but I don't think it changes anything in her acting :) TVB seem like they like to promote girls who can't speak Cantonese perfect, and say they come from foreign countries, don't they? xD



Cilla Kung (Seen her in Beyond the realm of ConscienceYes, Sir! Sorry, Sir!, Forensic Heroes III, The Other Truth, Daddy Good Deeds, Witness Insecurity, Missing You)


I started noticing her in YSSS, and I realized she played Selena's servant when I re-watched BTROC. In all the series I've seen of Cilla, she has the same "little girl" role...because she looks so young and naive. But I think in a few years, when she matures more, she could get other roles, because her acting is quite good (: In the Forensic Heroes III, she acted as a young girl who had autism, and I was really impressed by her! In Daddy Good Deeds, she was also very funny to watch :P She's pretty, speaks Cantonese fine and is only 26 right now, so she has plenty of opportunity in front of her (: Right now I'm watching Missing You, and I think her character is pretty interesting in it!




Mandy Wong (Seen her in Ghetto Justice, Lives of Omission, L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Divas in Distress)

Mandy's my favorite among everyone that I mentioned in this post (: She's the one who I've seen improve the most, and I think her efforts really show in her work. I never even noticed her at all in Ghetto Justice, and I haven't realize she played Myolie's assistant in it until I went back on wikipedia to know more about her..after I saw her in The Hippocratic Crush. I haven't seen all series in order, after Ghetto Justice, this year, I saw The Hippocratic Crush, then Lives of Omissions, then L'Escargot, then Divas in Distress. When I first saw THC, I thought her acting was really good for a newbie. In LOO, I noticed her even more and in L'Escargot, I thought she really stepped it up. She was really in her character if annoying wife/mom, and I thought she really made us audience hate her for her character, but love her for her acting... If you know what i mean :P In DID, no doubts that once again, she made the audience love her character, especially since she was paired up with Him :) Looking forward to see her in The Hippocratic Crush II! Plus she won Most Improved Actress award this year, so I believe that she can GO BIG (:


No comments:

Post a Comment