Monday, August 27, 2012

Ghetto Justice 2 Character Review [Main Leads]

I know I did a post on GJ2 ending review, but this time, I really want to focus on the main characters and their relationship together :) 

Kris Wong/Wong Sze Fu/Law Yau portrayed by Myolie Wu

Law Ba/LA/Law Lik Ah portrayed by Kevin Cheng


Myolie Wu and Kevin Cheng's charcaters shared such a chemistry..!!! We could see that they were really into it and they worked really hard, like in the first Ghetto Justice. I think they might be nominated/win this year as well for the TVB anniversary awards for their roles :) Love them as a couple (On screen, of course!) I loved how they love each other by what they did, and not said. Actions are stronger then words. I think they never said "I love you" to each other or anything like that all through the serie, but we could see that...they loved each other so deep they don't need to say it. They love each other so much they could sacrifice anything...

First, there was Kris who helped LA solve the case, like I mentionned previously in one of my reviews. She wasn't afraid of being seen as the "mean one", she just wanted Law Ba's experience to be successful. Then, Lynette. She knew Law Ba would feel bad if Lynette stayed in coma, so she'd rather sacrifice her own relationship with LA so that LA would be happy. Finally, the murder. She wanted to make others think that she did it so Law Ba wouldn't be in jail again.....she loves him so much. 

We didn't see LA too much "sacrificing" for Sze Fu, it was more in GJ 1, but we can still see that he really loves his Law Yau. Even when he was in jail, he tried to comic just to see her smile again, and that certainly wasn't the easiest moment for him to joke around, be he wanted his happy Law Yau.
I think both Myolie and Kevin, just like in Ghetto Justice 1, did extremly well in entering their characters. The relationship they shared was so special, it's not like usual romantic couples who hold hands, cuddle, kiss, no, they were so special. They seem to annoy and be mad at each other so often, I don't know how to say that. But I mean, they don't have same opinion on things, and they have very different kind of lifestyles, Kris is more organized and polite, while LA is her opposite. But one thing they have in commun is that they're both super kind and love helping out people without asking anything in return, and that's what bring them together. Some of the best moment they share is when they learn that they've been able to help someone, and nomatter who find the solution of them two. 

This is one of my favorite Law Ba and Law Yau moment :)

2 comments:

  1. I love their relationship and how they have real problems but don't stay mad at each other for long. There were so many cute moments, especially in the beginning when they were first reunited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see them two paired up in another series sometime, seems like they have real chemistry! I never watched the first Ghetto Justice... so I might watch it :) I can pretend it's a prequel to this series :D

    ReplyDelete